My name is Mary El (not Mary, Mary Ellen or Mary-El), and Cupcakes and Shoes is all about me.
I know...how narcissistic am I, right?
So why should you read this? Because you like to be entertained and educated on stuff only girls find important (which means if you're a guy this blog could teach you a thing or two), and if you are my mother and want to keep tabs on my life.
Here I share my stories -- fabulous, horrifying and usually embarrassing -- infused with my husband-repelling sense of humor and some style, fashion and foodie tips. I lurv social media and hate online dating, and I'm happy to give you one-on-one input on both topics as I have immersed myself in them for the past five years I've spent here in our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. My malti-pom, Noli (short for Magnolia), is my little 7-pound roomie/travel companion/lap warmer. You'll read about her a lot on here.
Some other fun facts:
- I work in the Pentagon. (Way more fun than it looks on TV, FYI.)
- I am not a dating blogger; I do blog about my dates from time to time, but usually only the really entertaining ones; and don't tell my mother, but I'd like to get married sometime this decade. I'll keep you posted.
- I'm not a natural redhead.
- I live in the U Street Corridor with all the gays and hipsters. When I moved to DC, I chose to live there because I thought Dupont was *the* gay neighborhood. I blame my stunted love life on this alone. (But I lurv it so I'll never move to another one.)
- I hate exercising, but I like being trendy, so I
buy workout clothes and shoesrun from time to time. I will never plan to run a marathon.
- I love cupcakes, the only proven zero-calorie dessert.
- And, duh, shoes.