"A woman can do everything a man can do but in heels!" I breathlessly said to the man helping me.
"And backwards!" another man yelled across the parking lot.
And yes, indeed, I was doing it in heels and backwards. So. I'm very happy to discover that fall is finally upon us.
Yes, and root vegetables! Which are my personal favorite things about fall. Read on for a recap of the last week of summer (I hope?) and things coming up.
1. Football season has begun! Commence the men I work with declaring I'm rooting for their team because I'm wearing their team colors. Nope. I just like wearing colors.
Same goes for Catniss. She got a new cone (blue) and we (as in my Cat Husband and I) were confused as to why she got an orange bandage, and then we found out: her surgeon is a Florida Gator. Ahh.
Also, this is her favorite way for me to hold her:
(P.S. We've raised over $1,000 to help out this little girl! Thank you so much for caring. The fundraiser is still going, but we've been able to get her the help she needed for this first phase of care. Check the widget on the upper right hand side of my blog if you'd like to give to the Catniss Fund, and read her story here.)
Noli is a honey badger when it comes to football. And Catniss.
3. Lyft, a service that puts a dollar sign on slugging, recently launched in DC. To celebrate their 12th participating city (Charolotte, NC), they're offering $20 off to new riders with the code LYFTUSA.
4. It's time to cast your votes for Express's Best of DC. Please show your support for Bo Obama.
5. That Syria thing got under control fast. Here's a rundown of what led up to the diplomatic rather than militant force actions, resulting in Syria's request to join the U.N.'s Chemical Weapons Convention, care of characters from The Hills.
6. Fall TV is gearing up! Here's the first episode of Season 2 of The Mindy Project before it airs. I've missed you, Mindy.
Enjoy the beautiful weekend! And if anyone needs a sailing buddy, let me know! ;)