1) I feel unnecessarily pressured to write a 2011 recap post, and I really, really don't want to reflect on 2011 because it kind of sucked.
|2011 was basically the opposite of this, whatever this is|
|New attitude for 2012|
4) Somewhere along the way people began thinking this is a dating blog, and let me be crystal clear here: I AM NOT A DATING BLOGGER. I'm perplexed by this label and would like to get away from it. I know dating stories are the most fun to read, but I do not want to be known as a dating blogger for reasons I won't expound upon at this time. Dating is just one of the many things single people do, so occasionally I write about my terrible dates. I'm a lifestyle blogger. I have a lifestyle. It mainly consists of me watching exorbitant amounts of TV while I sit in my super expensive city apartment by myself eating night cheese, but still.
|This is what I imagined as I wrote that. Amanda gets it.|
1) War Horse: An Illustrated Review | January 9, 2012 | The Hairpin
2) Shows We Can't Believe Are Still on the Air | January 10, 2012 | Yahoo! TV
3) Pinterest: 13 Tips and Tricks for Cutting Edge Users | January 8, 2012 | Mashable
4) Post-Break Up Blog Post Titles | January 6, 2012 | Thought Catalog
5) Kate Middleton Birthday Advice: Reasons to Love Your 30s | January 9, 2012 | The Huffington Post
(I've conveniently linked it to the page that features yours truly. EEEEEEEE!!!)
As for the future of this blog, I can't promise you anything anymore. 2012 is going to be a year of discovery for me, as I'm determined to try some new things that don't have everything to do with fun and not enough to do with personal growth (turns out being serious about my future and making a life for myself can be fun, too). Case in point: I recently began writing for the website Borderstan. Check out my first post here, and I'll make sure to link my other stories.
Thanks for sticking with me as I figure out what's next!