Yes, that's right, I said giveaway.
This week, my pick of the week is McFadden's, one of the best happy hour spots I've found in a while. Located a couple of blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro, it's huge, friendly and packed during the week. (Okay, so a lot of its frequenters are George Washington U. students, which means the guys are too young to date, but I still had a blast.)
And, while I'm not personally a fan, I know a lot of people are, so I have to mention that when "The Jersey Shore" cast visits DC, this is where they go:
One Cupcakes and Shoes reader will win a happy hour for this Thursday night!
1) Happy hour goes from 6-9 p.m.
2) You can invite as many people as you want.
3) Each guest pays $10 for a wristband, and then they drink whatever they want until happy hour is over with no additional fees.
How to win:
1) Comment on any blog post.
Tweet a link to Cupcakes and Shoes, and be sure to cc me, @CupcakesDC.
Write me something nice on Facebook.
2) Check back Wednesday, December 14, at noon when I update this post with a winner.
3) If you win, email me at email@example.com and we'll work out the rest. If you win and don't claim it by 6 p.m. Wednesday, I'll announce another winner at that time.
Not one person entered this. I was perplexed at first, and then another blogger clued me in -- they do these happy hours for just about everyone. And here I thought no one was interested because it's where "The Jersey Shore" cast goes. Oh well, I tried, people. I'll have something better to give away next time.